The firm yet supportive mattress
The IC15 firm mattress offers support and comfort. Firm feel makes it easier for turning.
Pair with an Icare bed or suitable on any base platform.
This rating is based on our average peak pressure of <24mmHg. For some high-risk clients, Icare Zerotec covers are recommended.
Icare risk category ratings are based on average peak pressure, Therapist recommendation, case studies, industry comparison and the Waterlow scale. For some high-risk clients, Icare Zerotec covers are recommended. The best way to assess a client on a pressure reducing surface is to monitor pressure points with visual checks over a period of 5 days.
- 150mm Mattress Depth
- SWL Minimum 45kg
SWL Maximum 200kg
- 10 Year Limited Warranty
- No turn design reducing manual handling
- Anticrease XP base to allow easy contour for any profiling bed
- Standard cover MVTR: NA. Medical Cover MVTR (g/24h·m2): 1635.0 Average
- Medical Cover BS7175: Crib 5
- Waterlow ≤20
- Immersion Rating: Medium
- Envelopment Score: 4/5
- To launder the cover in a washing machine, set the main wash to a minimum of 65°C for no less than 10 minutes. The cover can be tumble dried on low heat, and the temperature must not exceed 60°C. The foam can be autoclaved at 134°C.
- Long Single Mattress Size: 2030 x 900
- King Single Mattress Size: 2030 x 1070
- Long Double Mattress Size: 2030 x 1350
- Queen Mattress Size: 2030 x 1520
- Split Queen Mattress Size: 2030 x 750 (Per side)
Pressure Redistribution: The IC15 mattress features the ActiveX™ 84 material is the main comfort layer in this mattress. ActiveX™ is a high grade of elastic type foam that is responsive to the temperature around inflamed areas. ActiveX™ will become softer as it becomes warmer. So around a pressure point, it will always soften and allow the blood to circulate freely.
Solid Support Foam Base: XP Support foam is a high-density foam used in the bottom layer of the IC15. XP Support foam is an open cell material that breaths to allow air circulation but is high density to prevent bottoming out. This material will easily contour to any profiling bed.
Temperature Regulating Cover: The IC15 cover is made with the new Bluetec cooling fabric. This is a way to stretch fabric to conform with body and mattress contour. It is under woven with a cooling yarn to regulate body temperature.
Ventilated Base Fabric: Vant fabric is a three-dimensional polypropylene material with high air permeability and anti-bacterial. We use this on the sidewall of the IC15 mattress covers to greatly increase air movement.
- No Springs: Icare mattresses don’t have any springs, which make them suitable for any profiling or static mattress platforms. We have found springs cause problems over time, particularly on medical beds. And, of course, springs don’t have a good pressure care track record.